If you haven’t already heard, Lady Gaga released G.U.Y.: An ARTPOP Film last weekend. The film is about 12 minutes long, and I haven’t gotten around to seeing it yet. However, I have seen the trimmed version of the film which is only 33% as long.
G.U.Y. is based on a Lady Gaga song of the same name. The acronym stands for “Girl Under You,” and boy, does she get under that male dancer in the video.
Although the song is struggling at number 18 on the charts, Gaga’s Little Monsters seem to be enjoying the film.
Of course, this wouldn’t be a Lady Gaga creation without some weird happenings, so here is a list of five things I found to be very awkward in the trimmed version of G.U.Y. (Lord only knows what craziness is in the full length film!)
1. Andy Cohen, is that you? Bravo TV host Andy Cohen appears in the film as the Greek god Zeus. I will admit, he definitely fits the part.
2. ARTPOP video game?! I can only imagine how excited the video game nerds are about this.
3. Michael Jackson rose from the dead. We all knew it was a hoax. How’d you manage to keep us clueless for so long, MJ?
4. Lady Lego Gaga. Legos are for kids. Now all we’re going to think about is the sexual innuendo behind it.
5. Jesus and Ghandi’s second coming. So, is G.U.Y. the sexual apocalypse?
And this is just the four minute version. There’s got to be more weird where that came from.
Check out the trimmed version for yourself, and watch the full movie on VEVO.